Sunday, October 21, 2018

Starfish!

One of the coolest things I found this September on Cape Cod this summer were loads of the largest starfish I've ever seen there. As I walked the beach in the gray dawn one morning I found one,
then a few more....
and ten paces farther found many many more.
A couple hours later I went down to take better pictures and  found nothing but gull footprints: they had EATEN them ALL!

So... largest starfish I've ever seen in this area. Behavior I've never seen (crawling en-mass to the intertidal zone) in a single hundred feet of beach. Gulls eating them!
And this repeated several days in a row and I have no idea how many days before or after that..

Life is full of wonderful mysteries!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! That’s so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, life is so full of weird and amazing things we never see!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete