Sunday, April 20, 2014

Jan 22, 2014: polishing steel, dealing with leaks, waiting for rain

Apparently, the last two months was an aberration: we do not get rain that often! In fact, we have gotten no significant rain since I returned ten days ago. This makes it very hard to see if things are still leaking.
What sorts of things, you ask? Well, the shrouds run to attachment points on deck and these points are secured by rods to the interior of the boat. Some leaked and rusted....and the prior owner piled silicone caulk on the deck to try to stop the leaks. 





I've just finished a couple days with wrenches, screwdrivers, sandpaper, scrapers, and really good caulk....and things look a lot better. I say "look" because we have not had enough rain to see if things are sealed, but at least the stainless steel looks nice and the piles of caulking are just memories.
 



I DO find myself depressed, however, perhaps because the work stretches ahead and I have yet to see the list become shorter. I suppose I could solve this by making prioritized lists and getting at least one thing done each day...

Or perhaps there are other reasons for my mood....I don't know. *sigh*.

On the other hand, I did hike across the hills and snorkel at Waterlemon Cay a couple days back and saw live staghorn coral and loads of wonderful fish, including some pastel multicolored parrot fish and a large school of baitfish that swam around and under me. Got to get more of that! Perhaps I'll try catching and eating some baitfish today...or just swim with them..

No comments:

Post a Comment