Some time ago I posted a POW with a nice time exposure of the flickering lightning on Cape Lookout, but one can not take those 5-minute exposures on even an anchored boat as it requires a nice steady mount on land.
Last week I started sailing from Adams Creek up the Neuse River as the sunset dimmed and the thunderstorms had passed. Watching the flashes light up the cloud, I wondered if a flash of lightning might be bright enough to take a photo, to give the camera the burst of light it needed for the computer to give it the OK. I tried holding the camera, centering the guide dot within the little on-screen circle... and it WORKED! Sometimes it was a bit blurred, but a few came out quite well and I hope to do more soon... and to catch the far-more-rare bolts of lightning on camera! Here is one lightning along with another, longer exposed pic that is only lit by the moon behind the cloud....
Current schedule: 9/6 CA>DC, 9/8 DC>MA, 9/21 or 9/22 MA>NC, by 10/14 NC>CA, 10/?? CA>OR


OMG Skip - those are spectacular!
ReplyDeleteWhat camera ??
ReplyDeleteCell phone! Android Pixel 7A
DeleteGorgeous photos! So beauty!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Skip!
ReplyDeleteSkip, I've always known you have some flash in you.......Peter
ReplyDeleteO’m’gosh, Skip, these are gorgeous! Penny
ReplyDeleteWow! Beautiful!
ReplyDelete