Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 15, 2014: 1) scavengers?, 2) my seatmate (cute!), 3) cute blue eyes...and tentacles, 4) nice sunset!

Before I left the islands, I took my bag of trash to the dumpster and grabbed the opportunity to shoot these scavengers:
​



I forgot to mention the wonderful creature who sat beside me on the flight from St Thomas to Miami, a creature who immediately captured my heart and made me smile. I can't recall the name, but the experience....Fun!

​
Walking on the Mill Pond beach at a very low tide, I saw water arc into the air and had to investigate. In a puddle left by the minus tide I saw a little scallop, perhaps an inch across. I brought it up and put it in a glass dish so we could observe it for ten minutes, then returned it to the water. I had never realized they had tentacles.



​
Beautiful sunsets here, although the cloud formations (and, therefore, the sunsets) are very different. I'm pretty pleased with the new camera I bought a few months back.

​
Well, so far, so good. I've found friends, adventures, clams, and lots of sand bars..... but am still looking for the answers to life's persistent questions. I'll let you know when I find them....if only I can write them down before I'm distracted...

No comments:

Post a Comment