Monday, July 12, 2021

Friends' pics of me sailing

Only rarely do we get to see ourselves as other may. This holds especially true for the act of sailing: we do not often get to see the pictures that others may take of us in action, doing this thing we love so well. 

BUT! Recently some new friends I met in Quahog Bay snapped some photos as we headed toward Seguin Island and were kind enough to email them to me. How wonderful!

The first shows me sailing around Cape Small...

The second shows me dropping the main sail while the auto-steering keeps me on course...

Well, that's all for now. Cynthia joined me Saturday evening 6/10 and we sailed to Bar Harbor, bought groceries, and relaxed on the 11th. Today we shall see what our friends Steve and Mitsko suggest for adventure.... perhaps the gals will explore the shops and sights of Bar Harbor while we fellows will fiddle with boat repair and maintenance, each group delighted to avoid the other's choice.

10 comments:

  1. You don't want to go shopping! I would never have guessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But shopping is a favorite!....as long as it is quick, uncrowded, and the larder was bare..
      Ok, perhaps tolerable rather than favorite..

      Delete
  2. One of our favorite destinations while sailing “Haiku” down Maine was Isle au Haut—great blueberry picking! Don and I convinced your parents (I believe it was their last bareboat charter) to grab a mooring behind us in the thoroughfare…and a wild nor’easter barreled through, making us all wish we had anchored in their preferred anchorage at Marsh Harbor! Our other favorite destinations were Roque Harbor, and Grand Manan—well worth the long sail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip....maybe I'll go there next week....

      Delete
  3. A boy and his boat and the woman and the sea that he loves...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved watching you and Andrew expertly handle the sailing activities in Chatham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I feel rather guilty not being there for everyone in July, but THIS July is about MAINE.

      Delete
  5. Great photos! Guess you meant 7/10 rather than 6/10. Time flies!! :-)

    ReplyDelete