Sunday, June 7, 2020

Lap-goat in Michigan

Here I am in MI, a kid sharing my lap with Lucy.
How did I get here? Well...

Flew from CA to MI to see Cynthia and await rudder repair news.
Received the news that the rudder was done.... which ended up with firing the contractor and building it myself. Yes, I'll write it up.
Sailed to NC and put the boat in a slip near New Bern... beside a ketch with wooden spars owned by a fellow named Skip.
Drove back to MI where Cynthia has gone to work where she met a fellow medico who owns goats and invited us to visit. Delightful lady, goats, and visit.... and Cynthia had very fresh and tasty goat milk on her cereal this AM.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the update - sorry about the rudder debacle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked out for the best: I really wasn't happy with the idea of fixing the old rudder, but they talked me into it as being cheaper and faster.... and then wanted to charge me $5k labor! But, yes, it sure would have been nice to set sail weeks earlier.

      Delete
  2. testing to see if I can comment....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Lucy expects she's always welcome to some of your lap no matter who/what else is there!!

    ReplyDelete