Saturday, December 21, 2019

Capers Island ghost forest

From my last post, you may have pictured our adventures on Capers Island as mostly using Lucy as a tick and burr detector
but we found far more enjoyable things as well.

Cynthia spotted ibises! I've never seen these before, with their curiously curved bills, they remind me of flamingos.

And, hiking in hopes of finding the "beach where one can take a swim" (although we planned no such activity in the chilly weather), we finally left the grass and found a sandy wash, which we followed down hill
and found a ghost forest looming out of the fog.


Lucy loved the open sand, the large tree trunks to run along, and possible places her terrier instincts told her might hold prey..



Cynthia and I loved the hard, open sand to stride along and the beautiful, ghostly, and quite photogenic forest.







Pretty neat stuff!


Current status: Cynthia & Lucy in MI, I'm aboard near Cape Canaveral... and just watched the Boeing rocket launch pre-dawn yesterday (12/20). I saw SpaceX's Falcon Heavy launch a few days ago and, I believe, got struck by a little tornado (watched it approach as I sat at anchor: very brief and violent). Today I'll sail to Melbourne, FL and anchor for a rainy day tomorrow. 

1 comment: